Raven Ra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Setting-up your ventrilo" guide

4 posters

Go down

"Setting-up your ventrilo" guide Empty "Setting-up your ventrilo" guide

Post  xenoxylia Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:39 am

Hi every1, now iv noticed some of us has a bit of hard time joining ventrilo. Well thats nothing to be shamed of for those who havent ever used any kind of soft for realtime chat.

Why should you join ventrilo?
- Well first, its crucial for cooperation, no mater what activity you are taking - missions, minings, pvp, or any other. Secondly, I dont think i have to explain the benefits you can get by staying on vent and chating with, or listening ( if you dont have any microphone, or you are moody ass, or etc ;]) for more experienced ppl while they share knowledge regarding game, or any other topic. So it is highly adviced just to be there for productivity, and fun ofc Smile.

Basicaly, its pretty easy to set up, just do as the folowing:

1.AS you launch ventrilo, you will see three empty rows on the top of program control panel ( appendix1).
1.1The first row is for your nickname ( in order to avoid misunderstandings, it is advised to make same nickname as your ingame character's. Notice, that with every each nickname you create for ventrilo, youl have re-fill info about the servers too. ).
1.2. Second row is the server's detail row, this is the place u wanna click to enter our server information in order to join it.

Appendix1
"Setting-up your ventrilo" guide Prime115

2.After you have created a nickname for yourself, click on the server details button and youl see some more gaps to fill in. (appendix2)
2.1 Basicaly the top gap is for server's name you desire ( it can be the same as iP like in Smitas case, or any you like)
2.2. Fill in the server IP and port slots with the folowing:
cadmium.typefrag.com goes for the server IP;
12620 goes for Port.

Appendix2
"Setting-up your ventrilo" guide Prime210

After filling all the mentioned gaps, click "Ok" and "Connect" the server. You can always add multiple servers to ventrilo, and choose them in ventrilo's main control panel. ( its the buton left from "server details" button ) lol =]].

Ok few more things to mention: when ul join, try jumping through the channels by simply double clicking on them. Now by default, your LEFT CTRL buton is the key for speaking. You can change it by going to setup pannel.

This is the basics of using ventrilo, and in most of the cases its enough for a common user. There are some aditional needfull things but im quite sure, that if ul manage to join up, u can always ask those things to your chatting palls Wink.

GL n see you on vent!
xenoxylia
xenoxylia

Back to top Go down

"Setting-up your ventrilo" guide Empty Re: "Setting-up your ventrilo" guide

Post  Ras Trent Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:36 pm

why make new post when you easy make reply to old post?
Ras Trent
Ras Trent

Back to top Go down

Post  zeultuk Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 pm

and guys dont password vent
zeultuk
zeultuk

Back to top Go down

Post  xenoxylia Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:04 pm

well the reason the topic was created instead of answering the q, was that nothing there is on a plate. you need- you search.
and ehh, im not havin smtng intimate i cant share with the batty-boy doods whos getin my ass ganked, so yeah, no passwords, but just for theatralistic sake of secrecy well make one Wink
xenoxylia
xenoxylia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mytzso Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:48 pm

I hear you about being open and friendly, however, as you have recently been finding out, the nature of EvE requires you to put some basic security measures in place, if you want to avoid getting spanked harder than we have done (here a few suggested):
a) be careful whom you admit to your corp;
b) password protect your voice comms;
c) don't let the whole world see your forums; and
d) don't let the whole world know your real name, where you live and how you look like (should you choose to actually fight and hence unavoidably piss some people off in the future).

All this is being far from theatrical my friend, just a necessity. I understand some of you come from the cotton-padded world of WoW. Well, EvE ain't like that Twisted Evil

Also, if you ever wondered why we decced you:
"In the universe of Eve there are whiners, bitches, cry babies, and people who just are not worth the skin they are printed on…...the rest call themselves Raven Ra. (http://ravenra.99k.org/)"

You might want to remove the above statement from your website, because:
a) it's offensive to the EvE Community;
b) it just ain't true (in your corp's case); and
c) if a real badass corp comes across this they won't stop killing you until your alliance and your corp dissolve altogether.

Good luck!
Mytzso
Mytzso

http://eyl.griefwatch.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  xenoxylia Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:32 am

i appreciate this constructive critics. and yes, you kinda showed us the way guys can bully on anythin related with eve. in some way that wus rly funy, both concerning. Though i still dont think some1 will b that ferocious to hunt down meh or some1 else in real Wink. well ofc maybe with the time when our performance will increase... who knows. scratch
xenoxylia
xenoxylia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mytzso Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 am

Yup, and this is why you don't want people to know where you live and how you look like lol!

https://ravenra.forumotion.com/social-f2/somali-coastguard-authority-records-our-vent-chat-t16.htm
Mytzso
Mytzso

http://eyl.griefwatch.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  xenoxylia Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:24 am

well, you see, such an events as u linked above, will only have an impact on the ppl who realy do care about that. i mean, technicaly its a bit shalow. he didint killed a man, o raped sm1. shit happens Wink
xenoxylia
xenoxylia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down